Cardamom is considered to be the ‘Queen of Spices’. India is the largest producer and exporter of this spice, accounting for nearly 70 per cent of the total world production and 60 per cent of the total world trade. It is also grown in Guatemala, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, El Salvador, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.
The 3 year trial at Indian Cardamom Research Institute, Myladumpara, Kerala, India concluded that 3 applications of Boom Flower® @ 2 ml/liter increased the fresh yield / clump by 75.6%.
- Boom Flower® increased the number of tillers / clump by 60.1%
- Increased the productive tillers by 98.03%
- Increased the panicles / clump by 71.81%
- Increased the racemes / panicle by 27.49%
- Increased the number of capsules / raceme by 32.45%
- Increased the fresh yield / clump by 75.6%
Source: Indian Cardamom Research Institute, Myladumpara, Kerala, India.
Suggested Spray Schedule for Cardamom
The application will vary depending on the duration of the crop
|Mature crop||2 ml / lit of water||1st spray||Pre monsoon (May)||Improves tiller formation|
|2nd spray||30 days after 1st spray||Improves flower initiation|
|3rd spray||At fruit formation stage||Increases capsule size, weight and quality|